Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 January-December

It's crazy how the change in dates, the roll over from one year to the next causes us to re-think our entire lives.  Well, maybe not our entire lives, but certainly the way we are living them.

You know that feeling that something is stirring?  The breeze in the trees before a storm, the bubbles before the pot overflows.... things have been stirring here and it's becoming clearer what's ahead.  Maybe it's more the pushing at the seams as the children grow and change and I as their mother need to change and grow to keep up.  The house gets full, their clothes are constantly overflowing the drawers as they grow out of them and the seasons change and the shoes that were happily worn last week suddenly pinch and hurt.

We are organizing.  I love January cleaning.  I read a quote that said something about how comforting Christmas decorating is, making the house snug and cozy; but it's just as exciting to un-decorate and clean out and freshen up when the holiday is over.  Not to be a total grinch, but I like the de-cluttering more than the decorating.

Ok- so 2012.  I'm gonna take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.  Thank you mom and dad for the new camera! My life is forever changed.

I'm gonna cook dinner.  Not sure what we've been eating, but way too many grilled cheese sandwiches and not enough roasted chicken and homemade soup.

We will do for others more.  It takes time to plan this and our lives have been so full and so rushed that what we've forgotten to do are some of the most important things.

I'm gonna go to bed earlier- because I want to get up earlier.  Devotions and showering needs to happen before the 3 little people wake.  Best way to start my day.

We are going to play more, read more, rush less and breathe deeper.

Lots has been happening in our family.  Big things.  God is doing big things.  We are thankful, we are trusting and we have peace.  There is a sweetness in the trial knowing that He is active and working in your life, and a fellowship with Him and among those walking with you that is precious.  How blessed we are by our family.  Makes my little ones so much dearer.  I don't want to miss a minute.

This year we will (although far from perfectly- I know) strive to live intentionally.

I also want to run a little, date my husband more, blog weekly, school my children better and finish up a whole bunch of projects for the house that are cluttering my brain.... but we'll see.  Oh and Peter has a few ideas that might come to fruition..... more on that to come.

So welcome, New Year!  I look forward to what is ahead.

3 comments:

Kati said...

love this!!! love your sweet little family! inspired to make some changes too!!! can't wait to catch up in person with you soon!

Melissa said...

Love the way you put this. So excited about what God is going to do through you this year. :)

Melissa, Protector of Swordland said...

Love the new look, and I look forward to seeing God work this year!!! Love y'all!!